Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- 1 ½ cups Sarah’s Gluten-Free Baking Blend*
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup pure cane sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray standard-size muffin pans with cooking spray or line with paper cups.
- Sift together the flour blend, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the oil, applesauce, and sugar. Squeeze the excess water out of the shredded zucchini. Add it to the batter along with eggs and vanilla. Gently stir in the f lour mixture and chocolate chips until just ctthe prepared muffin pans. Bake for 20-22 minutes. Remove the muffins from the pans and cool on a rack. Store in an airtight container.
*For the recipe for Sarah’s Gluten-Free Baking Blend, visit www.sarahbakesgfree.com
Makes 22 muffins
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.