Gluten Free Frozen S’ Mores Recipe
By now you must all know I am obsessed with S ’mores. But this is not about me. This is about fathers. Or at least one father – mine.
So much of who I am is shaped by my father; from him I received my sense of responsibility, my work ethic, my drive, an appreciation for baseball, and a propensity for procrastination. He may have also passed along his sweet tooth to me.
My Dad taught me my multiplication tables, how to balance a check book, hit a baseball, and drive a car with a stick shift. He also taught me how to laugh at myself.
Growing up, it seemed my father was always responsible for everyone – he provided for his family, served his country, contributed in the community, and was always there to help a damsel in distress. (With three daughters there was never a shortage of damsels in distress.) Now he lives with my husband and I and it is our turn to help shoulder some of that responsibility.
To cap off a Father’s Day barbecue celebrating all the wonderful fathers in my life – mine, my son’s, and my g-kid’s – I thought it would be fun to make these Gluten Free Frozen S’ mores. This recipe includes everything my father loves in one place: chocolate, ice cream, and marshmallows. And coincidentally, it includes a whole lot of things that I love in one place. But that’s probably not really a coincidence is it?
Gluten Free Frozen S’ Mores Recipe
- Gluten free non-stick cooking spray or vegetable oil
- 1½ pints gluten free rocky road or chocolate ice cream or dairy-free ice cream
- 1¼ cups Kinnikinnick gluten-free graham style crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter or dairy-free butter substitute
- 8 teaspoons mini semisweet chocolate chips or dairy-free chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream or dairy-free whipped topping equal to 1 cup whipped
- Spray a 6 cup (½ cup each) silicone muffin pan with gluten-free cooking spray or brush lightly with oil. (This recipe works best with a silicone baking pan as it makes it easier to remove the s ’mores, but if all you have is a metal muffin tin just line it with paper cupcake liners.)
- Let the ice cream soften at room temperature for about 10 minutes (it should be easy to scoop) or microwave on high power for 30 seconds.
- Combine the gluten-free graham style crumbs and melted butter until fully mixed. Place a heaping tablespoon into each of the 6 cups of the muffin pan and press down firmly. Reserve the remaining crumbs for garnish. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of chocolate chips into the bottom of each cup on top of the crust. Reserve the remaining chips for garnish. Scoop ½ cup of ice cream into each cup and press down firmly with the bottom of a glass. Freeze until firm, 1–2 hours.
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Remove the s’ mores from the muffin pan by pushing on the bottom of each muffin cup and popping them out. Top with the whipped cream and garnish with the remaining crumbs and chocolate chips.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers’ samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.
Yum! These look delightful Carol, my kiddies would love something like this. Your Dad is pretty lucky to have you – it’s so great of you and Tom to welcome him into your home. This post melts my heart. Enjoy the day with your beautiful family. xo
Aww, thanks Maggie! I am lucky to have them as well as friends like you!
My daughter loves S’mores so I can see these being made any day now!
Enjoy Steve! I too love S’mores, any way I can get them!
How delicious looking! I might be too late for father’s day, but I am a father myself so nothing wrong with giving myself a late father’s day treat :-) Thanks!
Ha! It is nebver too late to give yourself a treat in my opinion!
Lovely post. Made these the other day, they were a HUGE hit. Thanks.
Thank you for making this now I can have s’mores when my family does. I will be the envy of the campsite.
Do you have to use semi-sweet?
Hi Amber, yes, in fact I love semisweet. Enjoy!
Pingback: 55 Wonderful Gluten Free Desserts
Pingback: Gluten Free Dairy Free S’Mores Doughnuts Recipe | Simply Gluten Free
Pingback: No Bake Sunbutter S’ Mores Bars Recipe | Simply Gluten Free
Pingback: Delicious Dessert Recipes You Won't Even Know Are Gluten-Free - FabFitFun
Pingback: Amazing Gluten Free Desserts