20 to 40 Clove Garlic Chicken
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced into thin rings
- 3-4 pounds bone-in chicken pieces (I like drumsticks)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 20 to 40 garlic cloves, peeled, but intact
- Use a 6-quart or larger slow cooker. Separate the onion rings with your fingers and place them into the bottom of the stoneware insert. In a large mixing bowl, toss the chicken pieces with the olive oil, salt, paprika, pepper, and all of the garlic cloves. Pour into the slow cooker on top of the onions. Do not add water.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or on high for 4 to 6 hours. The longer you cook chicken on the bone, the more tender it will be, although it might fall completely off the bone. If you use drumsticks, the ones on the side will brown and may stick to the sides of the crock, burning a bit. If this bothers you, you can rearrange them with tongs an hour before serving.
- Serve with a green salad and a side of roasted sweet potatoes.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.