Mango Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) jar all natural mango or apricot-orange jam
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon prepared chili paste
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and diced
- ½ red onion, peeled and diced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 jalapeño peppers, left whole (do not cut)
- Romaine lettuce leaves, for serving
- 2 mangos, peeled and chopped, for serving
- 2 limes, for serving
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, for serving (optional)
- Use a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- Place the chicken into your cooker insert and add the jam, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and chili paste.
- Stir to distribute the sauce evenly onto the chicken.
- Add the ginger, cucumber, onion, salt, and pepper. Stir gently.
- Toss the whole jalapeño peppers on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or on high for 3 to 4 hours. The meat is finished when it pulls apart easily with two large forks.
- Discard the peppers and serve the shredded chicken in large romaine lettuce leaves with chopped mango, a squeeze of lime, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.