Apricot Coconut Freezer Squares
- ½ cup coconut butter, such as Artisana
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- ¾ cup (packed) pitted Medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened sunflower seed butter (or any nut butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup (packed) dried apricots, chopped small
- 1-2 tablespoons water, as needed
- Line an 8×8-inch baking dish with parchment paper, leaving an overhang of at least 1 inch. (You’ll use this overhang later as a “handle” to lift the bars out of the pan.)
- In a small pot over very low heat, combine the coconut butter and coconut oil. Stir constantly until melted and smooth. Transfer to a food processor fitted with the steel blade.
- Add the dates, sunflower seed butter, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Process until the dates are finely chopped and mixture resembles a slightly oily dough. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the coconut and dried apricots to the bowl with the dough and stir to combine. The dough should hold together when squeezed with your fingers. If it feels dry or crumbly, add the water 1 tablespoon at a time to acheive the right texture. Do not use anymore water than necessary to make the dough stick together when you squeeze it..
- Pat the dough firmly and evenly into the parchment-lined baking dish. Freeze until firm, at least 30 minutes.
- Using the parchment paper overhang, remove the bar “slab” from the pan and cut into 25 squares with a sharp knife. Store the squares in the freezer or refrigerator in an airtight container.
Makes 25 (1 ½-inch) squares
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.