Coconut Avocado Fries with Sweet Curry Sauce
For the fries:
- Gluten-free nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup gluten-free crisp brown rice cereal
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 avocados (choose avocados that are just ripe but still fairly firm)
- 1 egg, beaten
For the sauce:
- 1/3 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon creamy all-natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar or honey
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon unseasoned gluten-free rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon reduced sodium tamari sauce
Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Place a wire rack over a rimmed baking sheet and mist with cooking spray.
Make the fries:
- Combine the rice cereal, coconut, and salt in a food processor and pulse until the cereal is coarsely ground (stop before it turns to fine crumbs). Transfer to a plate.
- Peel and pit the avocados.
- Slice each one into 12 long slices. (Tip: Cut each avocado in half, then into quarters, and cut each quarter into 3 slices.)
- Working with one piece at a time, dip the avocado slices in the egg and then roll in the cereal mixture.
- Place on the wire rack. Mist the coated avocado slices with cooking spray and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
Meanwhile, make the sauce:
- Whisk together all sauce ingredients until smooth.
- Serve the warm avocado fries with the dipping sauce on the side.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.