Coconut Avocado Fries with Sweet Curry Sauce
For the fries:
- Gluten-free nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup gluten-free crisp brown rice cereal
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 avocados (choose avocados that are just ripe but still fairly firm)
- 1 egg, beaten
For the sauce:
- 1/3 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon creamy all-natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar or honey
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon unseasoned gluten-free rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon reduced sodium tamari sauce
Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Place a wire rack over a rimmed baking sheet and mist with cooking spray.
Make the fries:
- Combine the rice cereal, coconut, and salt in a food processor and pulse until the cereal is coarsely ground (stop before it turns to fine crumbs). Transfer to a plate.
- Peel and pit the avocados.
- Slice each one into 12 long slices. (Tip: Cut each avocado in half, then into quarters, and cut each quarter into 3 slices.)
- Working with one piece at a time, dip the avocado slices in the egg and then roll in the cereal mixture.
- Place on the wire rack. Mist the coated avocado slices with cooking spray and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
Meanwhile, make the sauce:
- Whisk together all sauce ingredients until smooth.
- Serve the warm avocado fries with the dipping sauce on the side.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.