Herb Roasted Chicken
- 1 (5-pound) whole chicken, skinned
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Use a 6-quart slow cooker. I always skin my chickens before slow cooking because the skin is rather rubbery after simmering all day, but this step is optional.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the parmesan cheese with the parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, and garlic powder.
- Set aside.
- Rub the olive oil all over the bird, inside and out, and place it into an empty slow cooker.
- Sprinkle on the cheese and herb mixture.
- Rub it into all sides of the bird, placing some inside the cavity. Do not add water.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. Check the internal temperature of the chicken with a meat thermometer to ensure doneness, but the meat will be quite tender and fall from the bone easily.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.