Spiced Carrot Hummus with Garlic Oil
- 1 cup peeled and chopped carrots
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed butter)
- 2 tablespoons garlic olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Bring 1 inch of water to boil in a small pot fitted with a steamer basket.
- Add the carrots and steam until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Transfer the steamed carrots to a food processor fitted with the steel blade.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process for 1-2 minutes until thick and smooth, stopping once or twice to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Taste and add more salt if desired.
Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Makes about 1¾ cup
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.