Servings: 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons Bragg liquid aminos , wheat-free tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar or agave nectar
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Fine sea salt , to taste
- 12 ounces tempeh
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Grease an 8×8-inch baking dish.
- Place the liquid aminos, oil, coconut nectar, garlic, cayenne pepper, and salt in the baking dish and whisk to combine.
- Slice the tempeh into 8 strips.
- Add the tempeh to the dish and turn it over several times to coat thoroughly.
- Bake the tempeh for 30-35 minutes, until all of the liquid is absorbed, turning once or twice during the baking process.
- The tempeh should be almost dry and will begin to brown a bit.
- Remove from the oven, cool, and crumble before using in the salad.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 245 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 3g15%
Vitamin A 1IU0%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.