This recipe moves cranberries from the sidelines to the star of the dessert table. Simple to make, this dessert can be served warm or at room temperature.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or dairy-free butter substitute
- 1 cup sugar divided use
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries coarsely chopped
- 2 cups half-and-half or full-fat coconut milk
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice or orange liqueur
- Zest of 1 medium orange
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup cornstarch or all-purpose gluten-free flour blend
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Butter a 9×12-inch (or similar size) baking pan with the butter or butter substitute.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of sugar, rotating the dish to coat it with the sugar.
- Tap out any excess.
- Spread the chopped cranberries in the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a blender, combine the remaining sugar with the half-and-half (or coconut milk), eggs, orange juice (or orange liqueur), orange zest, salt, cornstarch (or flour blend), and vanilla.
- Blend until smooth.
- Let sit for 5 minutes then pour over the cranberries.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until set.
- Dust the top with powdered sugar.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.