Salted Caramel, Pretzel, Chocolate Chip Blondies Recipe
These are sweet, salty, crunchy, and maybe a little bit amazing! They are one of my kid’s favorite treats and he always begs me to make them. I usually will make a double batch of these for our parties and then hide a few for myself because they are way too good and I tend to get a little bit grumpy when there are no more left for me! A big added bonus is that no one ever knows that these bars are gluten-free!
Gluten Free Salted Caramel, Pretzel, Chocolate Chip Blondies Recipe
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted (1 stick)
- ¾ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup broken gluten-free pretzels pieces
- ⅓ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon gluten-free salted caramel sauce divided
- Scant ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8x8-inch baking dish, then line the bottom of the baking dish with parchment paper so that the ends hang over two sides.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla. Add the flour, stirring just until incorporated. Add pretzels andchocolate chips and toss very gently to combine.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking dish. Drizzle ¼ cup of the caramel sauce over the top of the batter. Swirl in gently with a sharp knife or skewer. Bake for 28-32 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack. Drizzle with an additional 1 tablespoon (or more, if desired) caramel sauce and lightly sprinkle with sea salt.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.