Gluten Free Everyday Lasagna Recipe
An easy and delicious, gluten free everyday lasagna recipe with only five ingredients, not including water, oil, salt & pepper, cooked in the slow cooker.
Everyday Lasagna Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey Italian-seasoned
- 1 26-ounce jar chunky vegetable pasta sauce
- 1 10-ounce package brown rice lasagna noodles (I like Tinkyada brand)
- 1 16-ounce container ricotta cheese
- 4 cups Italian-style cheese shredded
- ¼ cup hot water
- Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Place the ground turkey in a large skillet and brown until no longer pink. Pour in the jar of pasta sauce (set the unrinsed jar aside for later use).
- Ladle a scoop of meat sauce into the bottom of your slow cooker insert, and add a layer of lasagna noodles. You might need to break a few noodles to get a good fit.
- Smear the ricotta onto the noodles, and add a handful of shredded cheese. Repeat the layers until you run out of ingredients. Put the hot water into the pasta sauce jar, seal it, and shake. Pour this tomato liquid evenly over the top of the assembled lasagna.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours, or until the noodles are bite-tender and the cheese has fully melted and the top has begun to brown and pull away from the sides.
- Uncover and unplug the slow cooker. Let the lasagna sit in the cooling slow cooker for 15 minutes before serving.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.