Gluten-Free Beef Stew with Sweet Potato & Apple Recipe
Featuring sweet potatoes and apples, this beef stew recipe has just the right amount of savory and sweet flavors. It can be frozen if you’d like to batch-cook or save the leftovers for a later date.
Beef Stew with Sweet Potato & Apple
- 4 pounds beef chuck roast cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1½ pounds sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 green apples peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 yellow onions peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups gluten-free beef stock
- Use a 6-quart slow cooker. In a large zippered bag, place the beef stew chunks, cornstarch, and all the dried seasonings.
- Seal the bag and shake to fully coat the meat. Place the contents of the bag into an empty slow cooker. Add the sweet potatoes, apples, and onions. Pour in vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and beef stock. Stir to combine ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is spoon-tender. Serve with a green salad and a wedge of homemade gluten-free cornbread, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.