Gluten-Free Chocolate Millet Porridge with Walnuts & Pear Recipe
This Gluten-Free Chocolate Millet Porridge with Walnuts & Pear Recipe is a delicious, simple breakfast that can be made over stovetop or campfire.
Before you leave to go camping, portion out the ingredients for this recipe, chop the nuts and chocolate, and store everything in separate baggies or containers for easy cooking. Slice the pear right before cooking to avoid oxidation.
For more camping-friendly recipes, click here.
Chocolate Millet Porridge with Walnuts & Pear
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup millet, rinsed and drained
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 pear, sliced (grilled or kept fresh)
- 4 tablespoons mixed nuts, roughly chopped (walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts)
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- In a saucepan, add the almond milk and sugar and bring to a boil. Add the millet, stir well, and cook on low for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the cinnamon, cacao powder, and chocolate. Stir well and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. If it gets too dry, add a little more almond milk.
- Remove from the heat and divide between 2 bowls or large mugs. Top with pear slices, nuts, and chocolate; serve.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.