Gluten-Free Roasted Chicken with Dried Fruit & Olives Recipe
Celebrating Passover, the week-long holiday commemorating the liberation of the Israelites from slavery in Egypt, involves a great deal of preparation. With most of the work handled by the oven, this simple dish will free up your time so you can spend more of it with your family.
For more Passover-friendly recipes, click here.
Roasted Chicken with Dried Fruit & Olives
- 4 pounds bone-in , skin-on chicken pieces
- ¼ cup dried prunes
- ¼ cup dried apricots
- ¼ cup pitted whole olives
- 4 garlic cloves , peeled and left whole
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 medium orange , sliced
- 1¼ cups chicken or vegetable broth , divided
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Place the chicken pieces in a large baking dish. Scatter the dried fruit, olives, garlic, rosemary, and orange around the chicken. Pour 1 cup of broth over the chicken. Sprinkle the chicken with the brown sugar. Pour in the remaining ¼ cup of broth. Season generously with salt and pepper. Cover the dish with a piece of foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for 20-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and registers 165ºF on an instant-read thermometer.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.