Gluten-Free Pork Carnitas Recipe
This Gluten-Free Pork Carnitas Recipe uses a handful of simple ingredients and your handy-dandy slow cooker! Simple and delicious? You bet!
Gluten-Free Pork Carnitas
- 3-4 pounds pork shoulder , trimmed
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 cup prepared chunky salsa
- 5 limes , divided
- ½ cup fresh cilantro , for serving (optional)
- Corn tortillas , for serving
- Shredded cheese, sliced black olives, sour cream (for serving)
- Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Place the pork roast inside the slow cooker insert and rub all sides with cumin. Pour in the salsa and the juice from 3 of the limes.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for about 6 hours. Shred the meat completely using two large forks. If desired, stir in the fresh cilantro.
- Serve in corn tortillas with a lime wedge and your favorite toppings.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.