Gluten-Free Summer Corn Ricotta Salad
This Gluten-Free Summer Corn Ricotta Salad is a light, flavorful salad that pairs well with grilled ribs, steak, shrimp, or chicken. It is very simple to put together, and in a pinch, you can even use frozen corn.
Summer Corn Ricotta Salad
- 4 ears corn
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided (for dairy-free, use olive oil)
- 3 scallions , thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup ricotta salata, cubed (for dairy free, omit cheese and use roasted pine nuts instead)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, torn (optional garnish)
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Place each ear of corn on a large piece of aluminum foil. Put ½ tablespoon of butter on top of each, then roll and seal in the foil. When the grill is hot, add wrapped corn and grill about 5 minutes per side, for a total of 15 minutes. Set aside and cool for 10 minutes. (If you don’t have access to fresh ears of corn, you can use frozen, but thawed, corn and sauté corn in the butter on the stove top for about 5-8 minutes before combining with the remaining ingredients.)
- When the corn is cool enough to handle, slice kernels off and place in a large bowl. Add scallions, tomatoes, ricotta salata, and olive oil. Toss to combine. Add salt, to taste.
- If using, add basil leaves and give one final toss. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.