Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pasta
This is a fun, autumn twist on marinara sauce and is a nice vegetarian recipe that is naturally lower in fat than other pumpkin pasta recipes.
- 1 (16-ounce) box gluten-free elbow or penne noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- ½ large onion , diced
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh sage, divided
- ¾ cup milk or dairy-free milk of choice
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt, plus more for the water
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup roughly chopped pine nuts, optional
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook pasta to al dente. Drain, reserving about ½ cup pasta cooking water
- In a medium-sized skillet, sauté garlic and onion in olive oil for 3-5 minutes. Add half the sage and heat for another minute. Reduce heat to low and add milk and pumpkin. Stir gently to combine ingredients. Allow mixture to simmer until flavors are well combined, about 8-10 minutes. Add salt and pepper, stir to combine, and remove from heat.
- Add cooked pasta and reserved pasta water. Add pine nuts (if using) and top with the remaining sage and the grated Parmesan (if desired).
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.