Gluten-Free Spicy Thai Dip Recipe
The 54th Super Bowl airs in 3 days and I must admit it’s the first one I’ve been excited about in a long time! If you didn’t read my post last Friday, then I’ll inform you as to why this year I’ll actually be watching the big game: the San Francisco 49ers are playing! Woohoo! They’ll be going up against the Kansas City Chiefs, which I’m sure is also a fine team, but the 49ers are basically my home team. I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for some of the best years of my life, my kids were born there, and no matter how long I stay away, when I go back to visit I get such a great feeling of “home” there.
Anyways, enough with the mushy stuff and let’s talk football! … Ok, let’s not, because I honestly don’t know much about football. You’re supposed to get home runs, right? (Kidding.) What I do know about football is that people seem to get hungry watching all those guys run back and forth across a field, and luckily food is my forte. This year for the big game, I gave you a tasty chicken wing recipe, a pimento cheese dip recipe, and now I offer you a delicious nut-free Spicy Thai Dip recipe.
You’re going to love this one. It uses ingredients that are easy to find in your local grocery store, or if you’re a fan of Asian food, you might already have most of these in your pantry like I do! With the use of SunButter instead of peanut butter, you get a nut-free dip that everyone can enjoy – nut allergies or not.
Enjoy the game this weekend! Hope your team wins (if your team is the 49ers)!
Spicy Thai Dip Recipe
- ½ cup Organic or Creamy SunButter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tamari or gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2-3 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- Sesames seeds , for garnish
- Cilantro or parsley , for garnish
- Vegetables and gluten-free crackers , for serving
- Combine the SunButter, vinegar, tamari, honey, and chili garlic sauce in a microwave-safe mixing bowl. Microwave on high power for 30 seconds to soften the SunButter. Stir until fully combined and smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish as desired.
- Can be made ahead, store up to one week covered in the refrigerator but let come to room temperature before serving and give it a good stir.
- Serve with chopped vegetables and/or crackers.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers’ samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.