Gluten-Free Chilled Sesame Peanut Noodles
If you can boil water, own a knife to chop a few things, and own a food processor (or a whisk and give it a bit of elbow grease), you can make this simple, delicious Chilled Sesame Peanut Noodles recipe!
I’m serious – it’s that easy. Made with a trio of Kikkoman products – sesame oil, gluten-free soy sauce, and rice vinegar – and a few other sauce ingredients like chili garlic sauce and peanut butter, this dish is packed with flavor. What I love most about it is its versatility. Not a fan of tofu? No problem! Sub the tofu with cooked, cubed chicken. Or if you want to keep the dish vegetarian and protein-rich without the tofu, sub out the regular gluten-free spaghetti with a legume pasta like chickpea spaghetti.
Quick, simple, and flavorful – this dish is a true triple threat!
Watch this recipe in action!
Chilled Sesame Peanut Noodles
- 1 pound gluten-free spaghetti
- Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons Kikkoman sesame oil , divided
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup Kikkoman gluten free soy sauce
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- ½ seedless cucumber , cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 cup extra firm tofu , cubed
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves , roughly chopped
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts , chopped
- Cook spaghetti in salted water according to the package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water and toss with 1½ tablespoons sesame oil. Pour into large bowl.
- Combine peanut butter, 1½ tablespoons sesame oil, soy sauce, water, rice vinegar, honey, and chili garlic sauce in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Pour over spaghetti. Add cucumber, tofu, and half the cilantro. Gently toss. Transfer to serving platter. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro and peanuts.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.