Gluten-Free Celebration Birthday Cake
“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday Kinnikinnick, happy birthday to you!”
Happy birthday to one of our oldest advertising partners. Kinnikinnick has been advertising in Gluten Free & More Magazine and on our website with delicious gluten-free recipes and giveaways for years, and I’m excited to announce it’s their 30th birthday! They’ve been providing gluten-free and allergen-free products for baking and cooking since 1991.
In celebration, I’ve made a delicious Gluten-Free Celebration Birthday Cake made with their gluten-free white cake mix and a handful of easy-to-find ingredients. If you’re having your own birthday celebration sometime soon and want to re-create this for yourself, just double check that your frosting and sprinkles are gluten-free. If you don’t have a piping bag and want to make clean decorations using the frosting, just snip a corner off a plastic bag and that’s all you need! Star tips and other accessories that come with piping bag sets are great, but you can make do without.
Check out my many other gluten-free recipes using Kinnikinnick products.
Gluten-Free Celebration Birthday Cake Recipe
- Gluten free non-stick cooking spray
- 8 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ cups vegetable oil
- 2 (17.6-ounce) boxes Kinnikinnick Gluten Free White Cake Mix
- 1 cup sprinkles , divided
- 2 (16-ounce) tubs gluten free vanilla frosting
- Spray 3 (8-inch) cake pans with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the eggs, water, and vegetable oil together until fully combined. Gradually whisk in the cake mix. Stir in ½ cup sprinkles. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared pans and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes then remove to a wire rack to fully cool.
- Trim the top domed part of each cake layer. Place one player on a cake plater, spread with frosting and repeat with the remaining layer. Frost the sides and top of the cake.
- Decorate by applying sprinkles and piping on extra frosting.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.