Gluten-Free Oaty Breakfast Bars
This Gluten Free Oaty Breakfast Bars recipe is one of those recipes that is relatively adaptable to your liking. You choose the nuts and the dried fruit and the rest is laid out for you. Those are the best kinds of recipes, in my opinion – not so strict but more of a template that you can adapt.
To sweeten these and keep them healthy enough to feel good about eating, I’ve used Wholesome Liquid Allulose, a non-glycemic sweetener that works like sugar in recipes. I chose allulose in honor of Wholesome’s “Let’s Bake Things Better” campaign, which focuses on fair trade, high-quality ingredients that are better for you than the white sugar so commonly found in baked goods.
The rest of these ingredients you likely have on hand – flour, baking powder, rolled oats, and butter. Mix and match your favorite nuts and dried fruit to change this up every now and then and you have yourself an easy make-ahead, grab-and-go breakfast.
Be sure to score the bars while they are still warm – this allows for an easier slice once they’ve cooled.
Gluten Free Oaty Breakfast Bars
- Gluten free non-stick cooking spray
- ½ cup nuts , any kind
- ½ cup dried fruit , any kind
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¾ cup gluten free all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ½ cup Wholesome Liquid Allulose
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree. Line an 8-inch square baking pan (or similar) with parchment paper and lightly spray the paper with gluten free nonstick cooking spray.
- Put the nuts and fruit in the bowl of a food processor and pulse several times to break them into small pieces.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in the order given. Process until the mixture is fully combined and comes away from the sides of the bowl. Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan, smooth the top, and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Use the paper to lift out onto a cutting board. Score into squares and let cool. When cool, cut and serve.
Shop This Post:
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.