This Classic Pavlova is a naturally gluten-free dessert made with three simple ingredients: egg whites, sugar, and vanilla. Top it with homemade whipped cream or dairy-free whipped cream and fresh berries for a stunning dessert.
For the pavlova:
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup (200 g) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 mL) pure vanilla extract
For the toppings:
- Homemade whipped cream (or dairy-free whipped cream)
- Fresh berries
- Fresh mint leaves , for garnish
- Lemon zest , for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 275°F. Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the egg whites on medium-high speed using a handheld or stand mixer.
- Add in the granulated sugar slowly – it should take 2-3 minutes to add all the sugar. Once all the sugar is added, add the vanilla extract and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking sheet and use a spoon or offset spatula to create a well in the center.
- Bake for 90 minutes or until the pavlova is firm and dry in the center but not brown on top.
- Turn off the oven and leave the pavlova to cool inside – about 1-2 hours.
- Pipe or spoon the whipped cream onto the cooled pavlova and top with fresh berries, mint leaves, and lemon zest. Enjoy immediately.
Note: The pavlova shell can be made up to one day in advance but make sure to add the toppings just before serving so it doesn’t get soggy.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 105 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.