Gluten-Free Strawberry Tartlets
These Gluten-Free Strawberry Tartlets are beautiful, delicious little treats you can serve to guests for any spring gathering or holiday.
- 2 cups (240 g) gluten-free all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- ⅔ cup (150 g) cold butter
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup (40 g) powdered sugar
- Pinch kosher or fine sea salt
For the filling:
- 1 cup (240 g) cream cheese
- ½ cup (60 g) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (150 g) strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 430°F.
- Sift the flour, add the butter and chop quickly using a big knife until the dough looks like a crumble. Add the egg, powdered sugar, and salt and knead quickly (you can also mix it in a food processor). Shape the dough into a ball, wrap it with cling film, and refrigerate it for 30-60 minutes.
- Grease the rings or tartlet molds (about 3.5-inch diameter) with butter and sprinkle with some gluten-free flour. Roll out the chilled dough to a thickness of about ⅛-inch and place it in the molds. Refrigerate again for 30 minutes. Sprinkle the chilled dough with some gluten-free flour, place some baking paper on it, then place ceramic baking beans on the paper – this will help weigh the dough down and make sure your tartlets are even (you can also use dry beans or rice instead of baking beans).
- Lower the oven temperature to 390°F, and bake the tartelettes for 10 minutes. Remove them from the oven, remove the paper with the baking beans, put the tartlets back in the oven, and bake for an additional 7-10 minutes, until golden and colored on the bottom. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling by whipping the cream cheese with powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Cut the strawberries into quarters or slices. When the tartlets have cooled, add the filling and decorate with strawberries.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 273 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 6g30%
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Vitamin A 446IU9%
Vitamin C 11mg13%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.