Easy Green Chile Enchiladas
Simple, quick, and made with just 6 ingredients, these Easy Green Chile Enchiladas are a fantastic meal for any day of the week. I would say you just throw these together, but you actually have to roll them together! Seriously though, rolling the chicken mixture and placing the rolled tortillas into the pan are probably about as difficult as this dish gets, and that’s not difficult at all.
These enchiladas use Hatch Green Chile Enchilada Sauce, which is gluten free and a must-have item in your pantry for quick and easy meals like this. Be sure to check that your rotisserie chicken and taco seasoning are gluten-free.
I love this dish as is or topped with a dollop of sour cream and some chopped cilantro and green onions. You could also make this with cooked ground or shredded beef (just sauté the raw beef with some onion, garlic, and taco seasoning, then let cool before mixing with the cream cheese and cheddar).
Get more quick and easy gluten-free recipes.
Easy Green Chile Enchiladas Recipe
- Gluten-free nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 (1-1.25 ounces) packet or 2 tablespoons gluten-free taco seasoning
- 8 ounces cream cheese , at room temperature
- 2½ cups grated Mexican blend cheese , divided
- 1 (15-ounce) can Hatch Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
- 10 corn tortillas
- Spray a 12x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the chicken with the taco seasoning, cream cheese, and 1 cup cheese. Mix very well.
- Pour the enchilada sauce into a medium skillet and warm it over low heat. Remove from heat. Dip a tortilla into the sauce briefly, then fill with chicken mixture. Roll up and place seam-side down in the dish. Continue with the rest of the tortillas and chicken mixture.
- Drizzle with remaining sauce. Top with the remaining cheese, cover with foil, and bake for 15 minutes, covered. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and just starting to brown.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.