Korean Chili Fish Dinner
It’s still chilly (or downright cold) out there for some of you. Here in Florida, not so much, but I won’t brag. Instead, I’ll try to warm you up with a meal that has a bit of spice, a whole lot of flavor, and enough to serve two – perfect for a chilly night in. This Korean Chili Fish Dinner recipe is short and simple, and won’t disappoint.
To make this dish super fast and super simple, you’ll use a Good It’s Gluten Free Korean Chili Meal Kit. This kit includes the batter mix, seasoned gluten-free flour mix, and chili sauce. All you have to do is add your protein of choice – in this case, I chose fish. You could also make this with chicken, pork, beef, or a vegetarian option like tofu or eggplant. I also added my own bit of flair to this meal kit with some marinated cucumbers. The cucumbers sit in a mixture of seasoned rice vinegar and Good It’s Gluten Free Crispy Chili Oil, making for a spicy cucumber topping for the fish.
Dinner will be ready in about 20 minutes or less with this simple recipe!
Get more gluten-free quick and easy recipes.
Gluten-Free Korean Chili Fish Dinner
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Good It’s Gluten Free Crispy Chili Oil
- 1 seedless cucumber
- 1 Good It’s Gluten Free Korean Chili Meal Kit
- 2 (6 ounces each) firm, white fish filets, cut into 1-inch dice
- Vegetable oil
- Cooked rice
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar with the crispy chili oil. Add the cucumber, stir, and let sit while you make the fish.
- Combine the batter mix from the kit with 10 tablespoons of water. Whisk until smooth. Place the seasoned flour from the kit on a plate or in a shallow bowl. Coat the fish in batter then dredge in the seasoned flour.
- Add enough oil in a large skillet to come up ¼ inch. Heat over medium-high heat until it begins to shimmer. Fry for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Toss with the Korean Chili Sauce from the kit and serve over rice. Top with cilantro and serve spicy cucumber salad on the side.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.