SB & J Wings
Our photographer recently came back from a trip to Savannah, Georgia, raving about the PB & J chicken wings she had. I thought the concept sounded delicious, so I thought I’d create my own version using SunButter – and thus, these SB & J Wings were born.
These wings use a mixture of Creamy SunButter, honey, gluten-free soy sauce, lime juice, and fresh ginger as the glaze for the wings. The J (or the jelly, if we’re being formal) of these SB & J Wings comes in the form of peach jam mixed with minced red chilies as a dipping sauce. The result is a lovely marrying of flavors that is purely divine and slightly addictive.
Serve these to guests or make them for you and the family on a Sunday afternoon for lunch. Watching your favorite show or sports game, porch sitting, or family game night are all appropriate activities to do while eating these wings – let’s just say they pair well together, like SB & J.
Get more gluten-free appetizer recipes.
SB & J Wings Recipe
- 2 pounds chicken wings, tips, and drumettes
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup Creamy SunButter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ¼ cup water , maybe more
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 cup peach jam
- 1-2 red chilies , seeded and minced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or foil. Place an oven-safe cooling rack on top.
- Toss the chicken wings with oil, salt, and pepper. Place on the cooling rack and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the SunButter, honey, soy sauce, lime juice, and ginger in a small saucepan with ¼ cup water and heat, stirring until fully combined. It should be the consistency of a thick glaze; if too thick, add more water.
- After 30 minutes, remove the chicken and place in a large mixing bowl. Pour the warm glaze over, toss to coat, return to the rack, and bake for another 10 minutes. Place on a serving platter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Combine the jam and chilies in a small saucepan and heat over low heat until warm. Serve with the chicken wings for dipping.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.