Easy Black Bean Dip
Halloween is in two weeks! I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling the spooky spirit this year. Maybe it’s the hype of the new Hocus Pocus movie that came out or the plethora of fun Halloween decorations and housewares I’ve seen at HomeGoods, TJ Maxx, and the like, but there’s just something extra surround this year’s fall/Halloween season. And so, we decided to dress up the photos for this Easy Black Bean Dip recipe with Halloween colored tortilla chips and Halloween decorations.
This recipe, served with Xochitl’s Halloween colored tortilla chips, is great for Halloween parties. I also used Xochitl’s salsa in this dip. It’s one of those recipes that can be made ahead and brought to parties too, if you’re attending a party and not hosting one yourself. The dip is also good heated to use in place of refried beans that are lower in fat. Plus, this recipe is vegan.
What are your Halloween plans?
Get more gluten-free Halloween recipes.
Easy Black Bean Dip Recipe
- ¾ cup Xochitl salsa of choice
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1-2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- 1 green onion , minced, for garnish
- 1 tomato , finely chopped, for garnish
- Xochitl corn chips , for serving
- Combine the salsa, black beans, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, garlic and onion powders, and salt in a food processor. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. If the mixture is too thick, add a splash of water and process.
- Serve garnished with green onion and tomato. For Halloween, serve with Xochitl’s Halloween corn chips.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.