Tandoori Tikka Fish with Quick Raita
Looking for something new and interesting to spice up your usual dinner routine? This Tandoori Tikka Fish with Quick Raita recipe is an excellent choice! It’s quick, it serves two, and it’s filled with flavorful Indian spices to make mealtime much more interesting.
This meal is made with a Tandoori Tikka Meal Kit from Good It’s Gluten Free. These kits have all the necessary ingredients for a flavorful dish, such as spices, sauces and coating mixtures, and you just add the protein you choose. For this variation of their meal kit, I used white fish such as Mahi Mahi. To add a little extra something to this dish, rather than just making it as the directions suggest (which is equally delicious) I added cooked rice, sauteed some veggies, and made a quick raita.
Raita is an Indian side dish or condiment made with yogurt. My version uses Greek yogurt, grated cucumber, cilantro, and ground cumin.
Gluten-Free Tandoori Tikka Fish with Quick Raita
- 1 Good It’s Gluten Free Tandoori Tikka Meal Kit
- 12-14 ounces firm white fish such as Mahi Mahi , cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ seedless cucumber , grated and liquid squeezed out
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper , cut into 1-inch chunks
- ½ red onion , cut into 1-inch chunks and layers separated
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Cilantro leaves , for garnish
- Place the marinade from the meal kit in a bowl. Add the fish to the marinade and let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Make the raita: Combine yogurt, cucumber, 2 tablespoons cilantro, and cumin together in a bowl. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until serving.
- Add enough oil in a large skillet to come up ¼ inch. Heat over medium-high heat until it begins to shimmer. Fry the fish, bell pepper, and onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes or until the fish is cooked and the vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain the oil. Add the tikka sauce from the meal kit and cook until heated through.
- Serve over rice garnished with the raita on the side and cilantro leaves, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.