Mexican Chorizo de Bolita Chili
Even if you are up against it these days, this gluten free mexican chorizo de bolita chili takes only 5 ingredients and budget-friendly!
Gluten Free Mexican Chorizo de Bolita Chili
- 1 pound chorizo de Bolita sausage , casings removed
- Olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion , chopped
- 1 large red or green bell pepper , chopped
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes with medium green chilies
- 1 (15-ounce) can sweet corn
- 3 cups water
- Kosher or fine seat salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sour cream , Mexican cheese, lime wedges, chopped scallions, and cilantro, for garnish, optional
- In a large pot, crumble up and brown the chorizo over medium heat.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of olive oil, onion, and peppers. Sauté until tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes, corn, and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes for the flavors to meld. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded Mexican cheese, lime wedges, chopped scallions, and cilantro, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.