Taco Shrimp & Polenta Bowls
Hit a local Mexican market for a few key ingredients, because these taco shrimp & polenta bowls are budget-friendly and even if you are up against it these days they’re certainly doable!
Gluten Free Taco Shrimp & Polenta Bowls
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- 1 cup corn grits polenta
- 1 pound large shrimp , peeled and deveined, with tails on
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free taco seasoning , to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic , from about 3 cloves
- Lime wedges
- Chopped cilantro for garnish , optional
- Bring 3 cups of water and a large pinch of salt to a boil. Add the corn grits, reduce heat, and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring often, until done. Add more water, ½ cup at a time, to reach a smoother consistency, if needed.
- In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with taco seasoning, salt, and pepper, to taste. Set aside to marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat; arrange the shrimp in a single layer and cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic to the pan and flip the shrimp over. Cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from pan.
- Serve the shrimp doused with lime juice over polenta. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.