Salsa Macha Breakfast Tostadas
Looking for a new breakfast recipe that is not pancakes or waffles? Lately I’ve been loving these Salsa Macha Breakfast Tostadas. This breakfast recipe is a nice change from my usual gluten-free bagel I eat most mornings.
This Salsa Macha is made with Marukan Genuine Brewed Rice Vinegar to balance out all the flavors in this dish. You first start off by removing the stems and seeds from the chilies. Then in a skillet over medium heat you toast the pumpkin seeds, peanuts, and sesame seeds for about two minutes and then transfer to a bowl. In the same skillet add the oil and garlic to cook until fragrant and then pour mix in the same bowl that the nuts and seeds are in. Then you add the chilies and oil in the skillet to cook for two minutes. Once all the ingredients are cooked you put them in a blender and blend until smooth.
Then you can start making the Tostadas by frying the tortillas in a skillet for about 30 seconds each side. Then you spread the beans on one side of the tortillas. After wiping the skillet clean, on medium heat add some Salsa Macha to the skillet and fry the eggs to your liking. Put an egg on top of every tortilla and garnish with lime and more Salsa Macha.
Give these Salsa Macha Breakfast Tostadas a try!
Get more gluten-free breakfast recipes here.
- 15 chili de arbol peppers
- 2 ancho chili peppers
- ½ cup raw , blanched peanuts
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1 cup vegetable oil , divided
- 10 garlic cloves , peeled and smashed
- 2 tablespoon Marukan Genuine Brewed Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt (use half the amount if using table salt)
- Using gloves, remove the stems from the chilies. Gently roll the peppers between your hands to remove the seeds.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the peanuts, pumpkin seeds, and sesame seeds and toast until fragrant, (about 2 minutes). Transfer to a bowl.
- In the same skillet, add ½ cup oil and the garlic, cook until fragrant and lightly browned, (2–3 minutes). Be careful not to burn. Pour the mixture into the bowl with the nuts and seeds.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining ½ cup oil and the chilies. Cook until they start to darken, (2–3 minutes).
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Vegetable oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried black beans, heated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salsa Macha
- 8 large eggs
- Cilantro and lime wedges , for serving
- Pour a thin layer of oil into a skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Fry the tortillas for about 30 seconds per side. Sprinkle with salt. Spread with the beans.
- Wipe out the skillet and melt the butter and 1 tablespoon salsa macha over medium heat. Fry the eggs to your liking. Top each tortilla with an egg. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges and more salsa macha.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.