Celebrate Cinco De Mayo with this gluten free guacamole recipe!
- 6 ripe avocados
- Juice of 2 limes
- 10-12 dashes gluten-free hot sauce (more or less to taste)
- 1 medium red onion , finely chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes , seeded and chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and scoop the flesh into a mixing bowl. Mash with a fork or potato masher, leaving some larger chunks of avocado. Stir in the lime juice, hot sauce, onion, and tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or place the guacamole in a serving bowl and press a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole to keep it from turning brown.
Fun Fact: Kitchen folklore has it that placing the pits from the avocado into the guacamole will also prevent browning.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 340 Calories from Fat 270
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 4g20%
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 20g
Vitamin A 480IU10%
Vitamin C 32mg39%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.