Gluten Free Cinnamon Apple Muffins
It may seem like it is all about the big Turkey Day here in America – Thanksgiving. But if we have guests over the long holiday weekend, we need to feed them more just the one meal. Sure we can fashion the leftovers into respectable lunches and dinners but what about breakfast?
These simple gluten, grain, and dairy free muffins are a healthy and delightful way to start the day and, fortunately for the cook, are a snap to make. They are also refined sugar free, thanks to the use of agave. I usually use raw blue agave in these muffins but for a change of pace the maple or cinnamon flavored agave from Wholesome Sweeteners makes for a lovely variation.
Surprisingly buttery in flavor considering the total absence of any dairy, these grain-free, gluten free cinnamon apple muffins not only taste great but also make your house smell amazing while baking.
What a way for your guests to wake up!
Gluten Free Cinnamon Apple Muffins Recipe
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup agave nectar raw, cinnamon or maple flavored
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 heaping cup unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In the bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, agave, vanilla extract and apple sauce. Stir the applesauce mixture into the almond flour mixture and blend well. Divide batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 – 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers’ samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.