Mini Mozzarella Quinoa Bites
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked black rice
- Gluten-free nonstick baking spray
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Vidalia onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup dairy-free shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 /3 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 fresh chives, finely chopped, for garnish
- 2 cups homemade tomato sauce, for serving
- Cook the quinoa and rice according to the package directions. Prepare a standard muffin pan with nonstick baking spray. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa and rice with the eggs, onions, cheese, garlic, basil, tomatoes, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine. Transfer the mixture to the prepared muffin pan. Using a tablespoon, fill each muffin cup to the top. Using a spatula, press down on the mixture to create a flat surface.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 15 minutes. Using a teaspoon, gently remove the rice and quinoa snacks from the muffin cups.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh chives and a side of tomato sauce for dipping.
Serves 4 (about 12 bites)
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.