Quinoa Pine Nut Stuffed Mushrooms
- Gluten-free, non-stick baking spray
- 24 large button mushrooms
- ¼ cup Vidalia onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- ½ cup pine nuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 chives, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking dish with nonstick baking spray. Clean mushrooms and remove stems. Set mushroom caps aside; discard stems. In a small skillet over medium heat, cook onion in olive oil until translucent, approximately 6 minutes. Add cooked brown rice, quinoa, carrots, pine nuts, salsa, sea salt, and pepper.
- Cook until warm, approximately 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat. Using a teaspoon, transfer rice mixture to each mushroom cap. Slightly over-stuff mushroom caps with rice mixture. Place stuffed mushrooms in a single layer in the prepared baking dish. Bake,uncovered, for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven. Garnish with fresh chives. Serve warm.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.