Lemon-Herb Roasted Shrimp & Rice Salad
For the Salad:
- 2 cups brown basmati or jasmine rice
- 2 pounds (16-18 count) frozen shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Sea Salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup red onion, finely minced
- ½ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ cup roasted pine nuts (for nut-free: omit and use roasted pepitas)
For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Prepare the rice according to the package directions. (To add more flavor to the rice, you can use vegetable or chicken broth in place of water). While the rice is cooking, place the shrimp on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season with garlic salt. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine and spread out in a single layer. Roast for 6-8 minutes.
- Place the cooked rice and shrimp in a serving bowl. Gently mix in the red onion, basil, cilantro, and pine nuts. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients and pour half of the dressing over the rice mixture. Taste and adjust seasonings. Add more dressing if desired, but do not over-dress. (Can be made up to 1 day in advance).
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.