Crisp potato latkes with a hint of dill become the base for lox and poached eggs, finished with a delicious sauce that is decidedly not hollandaise but definitely delicious. If your Bubbe made benedict, this would be it.
Servings: 4 servings
- 8 large eggs
- 8 tablespoons prepared plain hummus
- 4 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 8 Classic Potato Latkes with Dill
- 1 small package baby arugula
- 6 ounces smoked salmon , thinly sliced
- Fresh snipped chives or dill , for garnish
Poach the eggs:
- Add a couple inches of water to a deep skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Place a wire sieve over a bowl. Crack 1 egg into the sieve and jiggle it a bit to remove the watery edge of the white. Submerge the sieve into the water and allow the egg to begin to set. Slide a rubber spatula under the egg, then pull the sieve away and slip the egg into the water. Continue cooking for about 2 minutes for soft-poached eggs. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep on a warm plate until ready to serve. Repeat with remaining eggs (you can begin working on the next egg once the sieve is free, while the previous egg is still cooking in the water).
- In a small bowl, mix together the hummus, water, and mustard until smooth.
- Place 2 hot latkes on each plate. Top each with a small handful of arugula, a slice of salmon, and a poached egg. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons sauce and sprinkle with dill or chives.
Nutrition facts calculated for the eggs benedict portion of this recipe. To get the nutrition facts for the latkes, see the Classic Potato Latkes with Dill recipe.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 236 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 4g20%
Trans Fat 1g
Vitamin A 1533IU31%
Vitamin C 6mg7%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.