Whip out that slow cooker during the summer for these Fish Tacos. When you are ready to eat, pull the fish from the slow cookers and garnish.
- 2 pounds white fish such as tilapia, cod, or halibut
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup shredded coleslaw mix shredded cabbage and carrots
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas for serving
- Lime wedges
- Chopped cilantro
- Avocado slices
- Use a 4- or 6-quart slow cooker. Cube the fish and toss the cubes with salt and pepper. Place the fish pieces into the center of a length of foil or parchment paper. Fold over the edges and crimp to make a packet. Place the packet into your slow cooker insert.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. In a mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, coleslaw mix, and salsa. Spoon this sauce on top of the fish and serve in warmed corn tortillas with desired garnishes.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.