Whip out that slow cooker during the summer for these Fish Tacos. When you are ready to eat, pull the fish from the slow cookers and garnish.
Servings: 4 Servings
- 2 pounds white fish such as tilapia, cod, or halibut
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup shredded coleslaw mix shredded cabbage and carrots
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas for serving
- Lime wedges
- Chopped cilantro
- Avocado slices
- Use a 4- or 6-quart slow cooker. Cube the fish and toss the cubes with salt and pepper. Place the fish pieces into the center of a length of foil or parchment paper. Fold over the edges and crimp to make a packet. Place the packet into your slow cooker insert.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. In a mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, coleslaw mix, and salsa. Spoon this sauce on top of the fish and serve in warmed corn tortillas with desired garnishes.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 391 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 4g20%
Vitamin A 215IU4%
Vitamin C 3.5mg4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.