There’s no reason your football-watching fare shouldn’t be as exciting as the big game. Barbecue Meatballs are sure to score big points with friends and family.
Servings: 36 Meatballs
- 4 slices gluten-free bread crusts removed and bread torn into small pieces
- ½ cup milk or dairy-free milk
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- ½ medium white or yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 18-ounce bottle gluten-free barbecue sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Place the torn bread into a large mixing bowl and pour the milk over it. Let sit for 5-10 minutes. Add the ground chuck. Using the large holes of a box grater, grate the onion into the bowl. Add the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix to combine well. Shape into 1-inch balls and place on a rimmed baking sheet or in a 9- by 13-inch baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes. Leave the oven on.
- Drain any grease from the baking pan. Pour the barbecue sauce over the meatballs and gently toss to coat. Return the meatballs to the oven for another 10 minutes or until cooked through. Serve warm. (Can be made ahead and stored, covered, in the refrigerator. Reheat at 350ºF for about 10 minutes.)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 77 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g5%
Vitamin A 15IU0%
Vitamin C 0.1mg0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.