Heart-Shaped Chocolate Truffles with Cherries
Looking for a sweet treat to whip up for that special someone? Make these cute gluten free heart shaped truffles and spread the love this Valentines Day.
Gluten Free Heart-Shaped Chocolate Truffles with Cherries Recipe
- 20 pitted cherries
- 4 tablespoons muscovado sugar or dark brown sugar
- 3 ounces gluten-free vodka
- 3 ounces dark chocolate
- 2 ounces milk chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon canned coconut milk
- ½ tablespoon cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Place the pitted cherries in a big jar. Add the sugar and stir gently. Add the vodka and close the lid tightly. Put the jar in a dark, cool place for 3 days, shaking it gently at least once a day.
- After 3 days, remove the cherries from the jar and place in a colander.
- Chop the chocolate into pieces. Place in a metal bowl and add the coconut oil and coconut milk. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir until smooth and melted. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the melted chocolate into mini heart-shaped silicone molds and place one cherry in the middle of each heart. Tap the mold on a hard surface to remove the air bubbles. Cover the truffles with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 5 hours until firm.
- When you’re ready to serve, pop the truffles out of the moldsand use a small sieve to sprinkle with cocoa powder and cinnamon.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.