Gluten Free Pasta Pie Recipe
Have some leftover ham in the fridge from Easter dinner? This Gluten Free Pasta Pie recipe is a delicious way to use up those leftovers!
With a few staples you probably have on hand (milk, flour, garlic, onions, and butter) and a few store bought items like gluten free spaghetti (I use Sam Mills corn and rice pasta), peas, mushrooms, and cheese, you can whip this up and have a full dinner that serves 8.
Gluten Free Pasta Pie Recipe
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- 1 (12-ounce) box Sam Mills Gluten Free Corn and Rice Spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces cooked ham diced
- 15 ounces frozen peas no need to defrost
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons gluten free all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces Gruyere cheese grated
- Gluten free nonstick cooking spray
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese grated
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain, toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until tender and translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are tender and any liquid they have released has evaporated, about 8 minutes. Add the ham and peas and remove from the heat.
- In another large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the milk and cook, stirring occasionally until the sauce starts to thicken, about 5 minutes. Add the Gruyere cheese and cook, stirring until the cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch springform pan generously with cooking spray.
- Layer ½ of the pasta in the bottom of the pan. Dot with 1/3 of the cheese sauce then spread it into an even layer. Add half of the ham and vegetable mixture and then 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese. Add the rest of the pasta and dot on 1/3 of the cheese sauce and spread. Add the rest of the ham and vegetable mixture, dot the rest of the cheese sauce on top and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle on the rest of the mozzarella, then sprinkle the Parmesan over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is nicely browned. Let cool to room temperature, remove the ring from the pan, and slice.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers’ samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.