Gluten-Free Mediterranean Potato Salad
I love a good potato salad but have never been a fan of mayonnaise. This mayo-free version of the quintessential picnic side dish packs loads of flavor with a tangy Dijon vinaigrette and sweet red bell peppers.
Mediterranean Potato Salad
- 2 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into ¼-inch thick rounds
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 medium shallot , finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup jarred roasted red bell peppers, drained and thinly sliced
- Kosher or fine sea salt , to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Cover the potatoes with cold water in a large pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the potatoes are just tender when pierced with a knife, about 8-10 minutes. Drain the potatoes well and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, parsley, shallot, mustard, garlic powder, and oregano. Pour the dressing over the hot potatoes and toss gently to coat. Mix in the bell peppers and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Allow the salad to stand at room temperature until cool, about 20 minutes, before serving. The salad can be refrigerated for up to 1 day. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.