Gluten-Free Roasted Vegetable Pesto Pasta Salad
Roasting the vegetables bumps up the savory flavor of this salad. Pesto adds a bit of garlicky kick and bright color.
Roasted Vegetable Pesto Pasta Salad
- 1 medium zucchini , quartered lengthwise and chopped
- 1 medium yellow squash , quartered lengthwise and chopped
- 1 medium orange bell pepper , seeded and chopped
- ½ medium red onion , chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher or fine sea salt , to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 8 ounces gluten-free pasta, such as spirals or elbows
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ - ¾ cup prepared pesto
- 1 (6-ounce/170 g) jar marinated artichokes, drained and roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, yellow squash, bell pepper, onion, olive oil, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Spread out on the baking sheet in an even layer. Roast for 20-25 minutes until tender and brown in spots. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the roasted vegetables, tomatoes, and pesto. Stir gently to combine. Stir in the artichoke hearts. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.