This Shrimp Boil is a fun way to entertain guests for the summer. It’s less messy and less expensive than serving crab, but equally as delicious!
- 4 quarts water
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle gluten-free beer
- ½ cup seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay), plus more for serving
- 8 cloves garlic , smashed
- 1 tablespoon kosher or fine sea salt
- 2 lemons , plus more wedges for serving
- 8 medium red potatoes , cut into quarters
- 2 large white onions , cut into wedges
- 2 pounds gluten-free smoked sausage, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 8 ears corn , cut in half
- 4 pounds large shrimp, in shells
- Melted butter or dairy-free butter substitute
- Hot sauce
- In a large pot, combine the water, beer, seafood seasoning, garlic, and salt. Squeeze the juice from the lemons into the water and add the lemons to the pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add the potatoes and onions and cook for 8 minutes. Add the sausage and corn and cook for 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the shrimp have curled and are opaque.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the vegetables, sausage, and shrimp to a serving platter (or place on newspaper) and sprinkle with a little seafood seasoning. Serve the broth in mugs, if desired.
- Serve with lemon wedges, melted butter, and hot sauce.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.