Gluten-Free Fried Ravioli Recipe
Hot, crispy, fried ravioli is always a party favorite! Make these ahead of time and freeze the ravioli when they cool to room temperature. Then reheat in the oven just before serving!
Gluten-Free Fried Ravioli
- 1 quart vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice
- 1 cup gluten-free Italian breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen gluten-free ravioli
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Marinara sauce , for dipping
- Heat oil in a medium pot (the oil should not come up more than halfway).
- While the oil is heating, beat the egg and milk together in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and paprika.
- Coat the (still frozen) ravioli in flour. Shake off excess flour and dip the ravioli in the egg mixture, completely coating the ravioli.
- Immediately dredge in the bread crumb mixture. Dip the breadcrumb coated ravioli into the egg again and coat in breadcrumbs a second time and set on a piece of wax paper. Repeat double breading method for all ravioli.
- When the oil reaches 360°F, fry the ravioli in batches (about 4-5 per batch) for about 2 minutes. Remove cooked ravioli from the oil and drain on a paper towel to absorb excess oil. Repeat until all ravioli is fried.
- Garnish with parsley and more Parmesan cheese and serve hot with marinara sauce.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.