Gluten-Free Pull-Apart Potato Rolls
These soft, yeasty Gluten-Free Pull-Apart Potato Rolls are perfect for sandwiches because the flavor is mild and the texture is springy. Holiday leftover sandwiches, anyone?
Pull-Apart Potato Rolls
- 3 tablespoons (45 g) melted butter or dairy-free alternative, divided
- 2½ cups (300 g) gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon (6 g) kosher or fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 g) xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons (7 g) instant yeast
- 1 cup (240 mL) warm water (105-110°F)
- 1 large egg , beaten, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup (90 g) cooked, mashed potato*
- *Prick a medium potato with a fork. Microwave on 100 percent power until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Halve, then scoop the flesh into a bowl and discard skin. Mash the potato.
- Lightly brush an 8-inch round cake pan with some of the melted butter; set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the flour, sugar, salt, xanthan gum, and instant yeast.
- With the mixer running on low, add in the water, egg, apple cider vinegar, mashed potato, and remaining melted butter. Beat on medium for 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Using a large ice cream scoop, scoop the dough and place in the middle of the pan. Place the other 8 scoops side by side all the way around the pan. Smooth out the tops of the rolls with wet fingers.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for about an hour.
- Bake in a 400°F oven for 25-28 minutes or until the tops of the rolls are golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 200°F. Let cool slightly before serving.
Pull-Apart Potato Rolls
Amount Per Serving
Calories 218 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 3g15%
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Vitamin A 161IU3%
Vitamin C 3mg4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.