Gluten-Free Rudolph Cookies
Impress Santa this Christmas with cookies that look like his fave reindeer! These Gluten-Free Rudolph Cookies are sugar cookies with style!
- ½ cup (115 g) unsalted butter, softened
- ⅖ cup (50 g) powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons (25 g) granulated sugar
- 2 cups (240 g) gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg , lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons (18 g) ground hazelnuts
- ½ teaspoon (1.3 g) ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 mL) pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) milk chocolate, melted
- 20 gluten-free red sugar pearl sprinkles or cinnamon imperial candy
- Preheat the oven to 360°F.
- Beat the butter and powdered sugar using a mixer for 5-7 minutes. Add granulated sugar and sift in the gluten-free all-purpose flour. Mix for 2 minutes. Add egg, ground hazelnuts, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Knead into a ball with your hands. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Spread the dough onto a floured surface and roll out to about ⅓ inch thick. It’s best to work in batches and keep the rest of the dough in the fridge. Cut out as many cookies as will fit with a round cookie cutter.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes. Cool before decorating. Using a toothpick dipped in melted chocolate, make a deer horn-like decoration on each cookie. Then, make a drop of chocolate on each cookie where the nose should be and immediately glue a red nose from sugar pearl sprinkles or cinnamon imperial candy in its place. Set aside to firm before serving.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.