Gluten-Free Rudolph Cookies
Impress Santa this Christmas with cookies that look like his fave reindeer! These Gluten-Free Rudolph Cookies are sugar cookies with style!
- ½ cup (115 g) unsalted butter, softened
- ⅖ cup (50 g) powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons (25 g) granulated sugar
- 2 cups (240 g) gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg , lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons (18 g) ground hazelnuts
- ½ teaspoon (1.3 g) ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 mL) pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) milk chocolate, melted
- 20 gluten-free red sugar pearl sprinkles or cinnamon imperial candy
- Preheat the oven to 360°F.
- Beat the butter and powdered sugar using a mixer for 5-7 minutes. Add granulated sugar and sift in the gluten-free all-purpose flour. Mix for 2 minutes. Add egg, ground hazelnuts, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Knead into a ball with your hands. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Spread the dough onto a floured surface and roll out to about ⅓ inch thick. It’s best to work in batches and keep the rest of the dough in the fridge. Cut out as many cookies as will fit with a round cookie cutter.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes. Cool before decorating. Using a toothpick dipped in melted chocolate, make a deer horn-like decoration on each cookie. Then, make a drop of chocolate on each cookie where the nose should be and immediately glue a red nose from sugar pearl sprinkles or cinnamon imperial candy in its place. Set aside to firm before serving.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 128 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 4g20%
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Vitamin A 154IU3%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.