Gluten-Free Bagels with Smoked Salmon Schmear
Bagels and lox (smoked salmon) go together like peanut butter and jelly! With some fresh dill and capers – now that’s just the icing on the cake. But what if we take it a step further and infuse the cream cheese with smoked salmon and dill? I think that’s worth trying, don’t you? If so, you’ll love this Gluten-Free Bagels with Smoked Salmon Schmear recipe.
In this recipe, I combined in a food processor cream cheese, salmon, horseradish, lemon juice, fresh dill, and black pepper. Then you just slather it on a bagel – I used The Greater Knead plain bagels – and top it with more smoked salmon, some thinly sliced red onion, radish, and/or cucumber, a sprinkling of capers, and some additional fresh dill. We just upped our bagel game ten-fold!
Get more gluten-free breakfast and brunch recipes.
Gluten-Free Bagels with Smoked Salmon Schmear Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese , at room temperature
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- 2 teaspoons creamy prepared horseradish
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill , minced
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 4-6 The Greater Knead Plain Bagels
- Thinly sliced smoked salmon
- Thinly sliced vegetables
- Fresh herbs
- Place cream cheese, smoked salmon, horseradish, lemon juice, dill, and pepper in a food processor and process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Cover and refrigerate for 1-24 hours before serving.
- Serve with bagels, toasted or not, with additional toppings if desired.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.