Gluten-Free Baked Spaghetti
Nonna is a word used in Italian families for grandma. Now, I don’t have a Nonna, but if I did, I’d call this Gluten-Free Baked Spaghetti recipe Nonna’s Baked Spaghetti instead. Why? Because this is something comforting and delicious, like my friend’s Nonna makes and like I imagine other grandmas making too. I mean, I can more than imagine it – I’m a grandma myself and I made this, so there you go.
This recipe is so good! It’s got so much of that homestyle comfort food flavor that I think we all really love this time of year when the weather is cold. I used a few products in this recipe from a company that does Italian ingredients right! I used Pastene’s gluten-free spaghetti, their grated Parmesan cheese, and their tomato basil pasta sauce. Aside from being delicious comfort food, this recipe is also great because it feeds a crowd – that’s a very Nonna thing to do, don’t you think? Serve it with a big salad and you’re good to go.
Get more gluten-free Italian recipes.
Gluten-Free Baked Spaghetti Recipe
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- 12 ounces Pastene Gluten Free Spaghetti
- 5 tablespoons melted butter , cooled slightly
- 1/3 cup Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium white or yellow onion , diced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 (24 ounce) jar Pastene Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- 24 ounces cottage cheese
- 4 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil , for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 by 12 (or similar) baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, Parmesan cheese, and egg yolks, whisk well.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions. Drain the spaghetti and toss with the cheese/egg yolk mixture. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the beef and onions, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft and the beef is no longer pink, 5-6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for another 30 seconds. Add the pasta sauce and cook, stirring occasionally for five minutes.
- Layer half the spaghetti evenly in the prepared baking dish. Top with half the cottage cheese, half the sauce, and half the mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layers.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is deeply golden brown. Let sit for 10-15 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh basil.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.